It looks like we will get some snow over the next 48 hours. Most places will see light accumulations of 2-4 inches. Some precipitation will fall as rain.
As a few of us were discussing at lunch yesterday, I feel like I have jinxed the weather for this winter, and maybe years to come, by installing a heated sidewalk so that I will always be able to make it into my house. What are the top things you can do to help it snow? Here are my top ones, let me know what yours are.
- Wash your car. Nothing like removing the scum of the last storm to usher in a new one.
- Break your snow shovel and don’t buy a new one. (Thanks Pete)
- Break the shear pins on your snow blower.
- Don’t buy the salt that you need every year for that one particular spot.
- Send your teenagers away to college.
- Drop your best snow shovel off your roof into a 5 foot deep pile of fluffy snow.
What else is there?Please, send me a note if you have another good example.
Enjoy the snow tomorrow, hopefully another dose will arrive before Christmas to make it white. What are out chances? Here is a graphic from NOAA: